The Kirwan Institute is deeply saddened by Tuesday night's horrific killings in Atlanta, GA and increasing violence against people of Asian descent. We offer our support and scholarship in working to end such prejudice, hatred and discrimination. We also call on others to do the same. At minimum, we must educate ourselves and support ongoing national and local efforts to end racism and its violence. Here are some resources to assist in supporting the Asian American community. We stand with our Asian communities, in solidarity.
- Thursday, March 18 at 10 a.m. (EST), there is a US Congressional Hearing on discrimination and violence against Asian Americans. Here is the video link that will show the hearing live.
- Read Stop the AAPI Hate National Report, which was released on March 16, 2021.
- Report anti-Asian hate using the Stop the AAPI Hate online
Here are other anti-Asian resources including mental health:
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Communities and Mental Health
- Webinar Series---Let’s Talk! Supporting Asian and Asian American Students through COVID-19
For Ohio State resources, click here.
As always, if you are in distress please contact Ohio State's Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) within the Office of Student Life. Students may contact CCS at any time by calling 614-292-5766 or ccs.osu.edu. If calling after hours, press 2 to be connected to a counselor. For a comprehensive list of resources, visit go.osu.edu/mymentalhealth.